Thursday 26 January 2012

More Inspirations & Influences


Walkabout from Bill Newsinger on Vimeo.

Whilst I won't be using the stop motion animation in my short film, this did catch my eye as its very well done as it looks quite smooth so its edited well and almost looks too good for just photos. It gave me inspiration to maybe try it one day for a little project on the side as I think it would be quite fun to do and you could have a theme, like for in this one its as though he/she is showing you where he lives, maybe his everyday route. I like the different sounds and underlay of music as it fits in time with the pace of the film/clip and has different electronic sounding elements to it which contrasts with the theme of nature. The fact that its all been done by him is a great boost to me, as it proves that good things can come from one hard working person.




My Life in a Day; San Francisco from Scott Hammel on Vimeo.


The second short film that caught my eye on Vimeo, it links with how I'm going to use a fish eye lens for my short film, to show the point of view of what my main character box-head is looking at. Once again this film is done in photos but I think it works lovely and the music once again seems very much in time, making me want to have a successful song/soundtrack. The music seems quite tribal and could represent San Francisco to be this urban jungle of creative nightlife.




Luckily I'd got a fish eye adaptor for christmas so I could use it in my short film :)









                           I love the distorted effect that the fish eye lens gives, adding an instant twist to it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment