Wednesday 25 January 2012

An Effective Focus Group

In lesson we got some information on creating an effective presentation to show our focus group.


  • Purpose - what do you want out of your focus group (I would like honest answers and opinions, harsh or not, so I can then use that constructive criticism to improve my work).

  • Participants - demographic, useful people with relevant feedback (It was handy because I was able to show my presentation to a big group of people that were the perfect age, 18-30) 

  • Questions -  purposeful open questions or general questions or specific questions (Before my focus group I had already thought of questions I was going to ask so it made me look prepared and professional, so they would give me honest serious answers. I also made sure I had open questions that enabled many answers from all different peoples opinions, with some specific questions).

  • Reporting - film it, summarise, conclude, graphs and charts, keep written responses, do ASAP and  make sure it fits with original objective (I decided to film it and then watch it back as to listen to their answers to summarise them and come to a conclusion of how I can improve my work).

  • Incentive - a reason for people to want to help me by giving me feedback (I didn't really have an incentive, they were just nice enough to help me :]).

  • Questions raised that weren't expected - (Any questions raised that I weren't expecting were good and useful from my focus group as I could get more opinions and more issues were raised of how I could improve and what they liked about it).

My ideas for my focus group is to show them something I have done so far as to get feedback on something I can then improve on. I could either show them some photos taken whilst filming or film stills or a raw footage clip that I could then get some advice on what they think of how I was going to edit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment