Wednesday 18 January 2012

Interview with Hitchcock and its Relevance to me.



I like this interview with Alfred Hitchcock as I like the views he is expressing.

He says how he "doesn't give a damn about whats the film's about". He doesn't really believe the content is what makes the film and doesn't care what its about. He cares much more about how the material is handled and how it can create a strong emotional response in an audience.

If you were painting a some apples on a plate it would be like "worrying whether the apples were sweet or sour, who cares, I don't care myself".

Such bold words and strong opinion really influence me in being strong in my decisions with my short film and I agree with him. It's not all about the content, if it were just about that then an audience would come out of the cinema after watching it emotionless, confused and their mind not made up. Through thinking about how the audience would react to certain things in film is what makes it, you want to provoke a response, you want the audience to feel something.

No comments:

Post a Comment