Thursday 1 March 2012

Final recording of the song and editing


Rhea concentrating hard on playing the song by Beck on her piano whilst I recorded it from microphone onto Garage Band.


















The professional microphone I used to put near the piano as she played to pick the sound up well and not pick up too much background noise.











Using Garage Band I edited the song that I recorded with Rhea and her piano. I had to drag the pieces of individual music I recorded together so it fitted and sounded as though it flowed.






To cut out any of the sound that was made after or before her playing, for example me saying stop or go, I had to click on the particular clip then onto Edit along the top then on Split. 










This would then split the clip so I could then highlight that and then press the back button or delete button to get rid of it.







     

    Because I think the piano sounded too plain and not professional and surreal enough I decided to edit and change the sound by adding an effect to it so it sort of sounded like another instrument, this distorted it slightly and gave it that edge I wanted.














  I chose two parts of my song to be in Wave Bass and the other in Digital Horns, this changed it a little to give definition to the chorus and verses.








As the final thing I done to it, I decided to sing in it because I wanted the line "everybody's gotta learn sometime" to be in it as though its a message in the film. I only sang in one bit as I wanted the main focus on the piano music and how its very repetitive which reflects the characters in the films lives.





No comments:

Post a Comment